April 11, 2023
Loving You Is Easy Cause You're Beautiful
There's a popular song that goes, "Loving you is easy cause you're beautiful," and while it may sound cheesy, it holds a lot of truth. Loving someone who's beautiful on the inside and out is indeed easy.
But what about loving ourselves? Is it easy to love the person we see in the mirror every day?
Self-love is not always easy. In a world where we are bombarded with negative messages and unrealistic standards, it's easy to fall into the trap of self-doubt and self-criticism. But the truth is, loving yourself is one of the most important things you can do for your well-being. When you love yourself, you attract positivity, confidence, and success. You become the best version of yourself, and that's a beautiful thing.
Now, let me ask you this question: If someone you valued needed a million dollars today, would you give it to them? Yes, you would, but only if you had it to give. But what if your income was less than $70,000 a year, and they needed it "right now"? Well, the answer is that you don't have it right now to give, right?
What if someone entered your life and wanted love? Would you give it to them? Yes, but only if you had it to give. Because we can only give what we have. Loving yourself is an investment in your own personal love storage. Whenever you love yourself, your love bank account balance becomes greater in value. It's hard to give love to anyone if you don't have any inside.
Here are a few exercises or practices that can help you build your love for yourself:
• Practice self-compassion: Be kind to yourself, especially when you're going through a difficult time. Treat yourself with the same kindness and compassion you would offer a good friend.
• Focus on your strengths: Instead of dwelling on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths. Make a list of your positive qualities and remind yourself of them every day.
• Take care of your body: Your body is your temple, so take care of it. Eat well, exercise regularly, and get enough rest.
• Set healthy boundaries: Learn to say no to things that don't serve you and surround yourself with people who uplift and support you.
• Practice gratitude: Focus on the good things in your life and express gratitude for them. Gratitude can help shift your perspective and boost your mood.
Repeat after me: "Start over, my darling. Be brave enough to find the life you want and courageous enough to chase it. Then start over and love yourself the way you were always meant to." - Madalyn Beck.